Sunday, September 4, 2011

Whuddapak!


I was browsing online for pictures I could use for a project about Traditional and Modern Filipinos, and of course my dear friend Google was always ready to help me out. I was even aiming to find a particular photo that will depict the joy, warmth and prestige that will come to mind when one thinks of the word- FILIPINO. But to my demise, the power of technology slapped the reality right into my face.

Go to Google.com and search the keyword

"filipino couple"

and worst..

"filipina"

and you'll see what I mean.

My sister recently discovered somebody on Youtube under the username FilipinoUnggoy, a Filipino hater (as in somebody who abhors Filipinos in general) who posted his angst and disdain online. He (I'm assuming its a he), uploaded videos and blogged about why he hated the Filipino so much. When my sister told me about it, my initial response was, "Maybe he's a professional online heckler. People today do get paid just to say crap online about other people."

But after I read his words, I could say yes he hates us. He does. He really does.

And I don't blame him. Most of the things he described are really happening in the Filipino Society right now.

"Sad but True", I quote James Hetfield.

What I saw today on my quest to present a simple school project led me to serendipity. Not expecting it at all.

Okay, Maybe I still want to be a Filipino though...how about you?


Back to work.


not happy at all.... hehehehe
Dona MartinezBSSW -2

No comments: